Re: slapper countermeasures

Michael Renzmann écrivait :
> The problem will be: every command that slapper executes runs with the
> uid of the infiltrated ssl webserver.

So the kill will also run as the same uid...

> So I guess that in most cases there won't be a chance to issue a "kill"
> or "killall" command.

I don't mean to kill anything else than the virus itself! Managing the
webserver is to far away from what we can do without altering anything
valuable on the server!

> Hmm, is there a chance to cause the program to finish itself in a given
> condition?

Since it would use shell commands (I still not have got deeply in the
source), the best way is to use "/bin/kill" and the PPID which will tell
you who launched the shell (it should be the virus itself).

J.C.