Re: port 6051: hacked?

Hello,

Am 07:46 08/09/02 +0200 hat Giacomo Mulas geschrieben:

>On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, martin f krafft wrote:
>
>> which is why /tmp is mounted with noexec, just like /home

Uff, - in the standard installation the /tmp is mountet with
'defaults' and I can execute all in it. (as user too)

OK, I have added to the options 'noexec'

OK, I can not execute anymore.

>try putting any binary, as a test, in /tmp, e.g. copy /bin/ls to
>/tmp/testexe. Then issue the command
>
>/lib/ld-linux.so.2 /tmp/testexe

Oops.... Why is it ???
It may be a very big security problem...

>to see how (little) useful the noexe option is...
>
>Bye
>Giacomo

Michelle

--
Registered Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.
| Michelle's Internet-Service                    Inh.  Michelle Konzack    |