RE: Closing ports...

As mentionned before in this thread, you definetely can specify junbkbuster
it should listen only on one address (ie 127.0.0.1, or whichever).

On privoxy (which is an evolution of junkbuster, but present only in sid
(?)) I have this in /etc/privoxy/config :
listen-address 127.0.0.1:8118

I can't remind how config was in junkbuster, but its documented in sample
conf file, and its likely to be the same syntax.

Anyway adding one filtering layer with netfilter is obviously best.

Vincent