Re: Postgres buffer overflow in stable .

On Wed, 2002-09-11 at 03:39, Jean-Francois Dive wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> The bug 155419 opened 37 days old point to a serious security issue with postgres
> as i can lead to DOS from local users or worst, make non-serious SQL  / perl / php
> bugs worst (from non exploitable to DOS capable). As far as i can see, Oliver tried
> to upload 7.2.2-X in woody and i suppose it have been properly refused by ftpmaster
> and even worst was not uploaded as a security update.
>
> So, What the ? As far as i can see, the port of the fixes to 7.2.1 should not be a major
> issue. Could anything beeing done for this ? I can make the packages if needed.

The proposed upgrade is being negotiated with the security team.

Isle of Wight, UK
http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver
     "I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live; yet
      not I, but Christ liveth in me; and the life which I
      now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son
      of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."
                                         Galatians 2:20