Re: Permissions Required On hosts.allow ?

On Sun, 2002-09-01 at 21:57, Nick Boyce wrote:
> I'm constantly looking for ways of
> achieving the same discretionary access control stance in my personal
> Unix box.  Humour me ?

You may like to have a look at the xfs filesystem (And I think ext3 may
support it as well, you will need to check) and the extentions that it
supports for ACLs (Access Control Lists) to enhance the very simplistic
unix {owner,group,everyone,special}+{r,w,x} permissions.

Be carefull though, as use of this will require you to change your
backup/recovery plan if you are using tar/cpio etc..

--
David Stanaway