Apache Log Files

Hi All,

In apache log files I'm seeing a lot of bogus attacks. Using various
software I can easily sort out which are Nimda, which are Code Red 1,
Code Red 2 etc etc, and extract the IPs. That's all fine.

What I then want to do is to do a whois on the IP, extract the name of
the person who ownes the IP and their email address and send them a
suitable email.

I've cobbled together various scripts and they kinda work, but the
problem is that the whois record for IPs can be in about a dozen
different formats, some of which are *very* unhelpful.

Does anyone know of a simple program that will return info on whois IP
lookup in a set format?

Thanks,

Matthew

--

Matthew Sackman
Nottingham

BOFH Excuse Board:
Someone was smoking in the computer room and set off the halon systems.