Re: Attachment handling in Mutt

    Hi,

> Over the past several months, I have been receiving email messages that
> (probably) contain various forms of "malware".  In these messages, there
> are two attachments: the first is the (DOS/Win) executable, and the
> second is a similarly named non-executable.  Both attachments have the
> same Content-ID and the same attachment boundary.  For example:
> Mutt only shows the second attachment (there is no indication that the
> message contains the executable).  Since these messages have had DOS/Win
> programs, I haven't been too concerned, however, I think that this
> could pose a risk if a Linux executable was sent this way.
>
> Is there a way tell Mutt to list all attachments?  If so, why isn't this
> the default behaviour?

  Usually mutt DOES list all attachments of a multipart message, however if it
is a "multipart/alternative" then of course it only displays one of the
alternatives (isn't that your case?). The choice of which alternative is shown
is made with the use of the alternative_order variable, but I don't know of any
way to force the display of ALL alternatives.

  However, I'm not sure what kind of risk there is in not showing an
attachment...

	Sylvain.

--
Sylvain Soliman <Sylvain.Soliman@m4x.org>        GnuPG Public Key: 0x0F53AF99