Re: service enablement via mail and otp?

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 02:01:14PM +0200, Marcin Owsiany wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 01:37:30PM +0900, sen_ml@eccosys.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > For some time, I've been toying w/ the idea of putting together
> > something that would allow me to trigger the starting/stopping of
> > various services [1] via a mail message containing some kind of OTP.
>
> Recently I have seen someone posting an URL to his program which does
> something like that. It used GPG.
>
> I can't find the post, but I think you could find it looking for
> keywords like "mail" "execution" "remote" etc..
>
> I guess it was this list, but I'm not sure.

That someone could have been me:
    http://www.karl.jorgensen.com/smash

Note: This is not production quality (yet). I use it myself on a couple
      of machines and find it useful. Testers and bugreports are
      welcome. Eyes on the source to find security weaknesses are in
      high demand. Read the man-page. Caveat Emptor.

--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com