service enablement via mail and otp?

Hi,

For some time, I've been toying w/ the idea of putting together
something that would allow me to trigger the starting/stopping of
various services [1] via a mail message containing some kind of OTP.

It seems like a fairly straightforward thing to implement but I'm not
itching to maintain any code, so I was hoping there was something out
there that does this already.  I've looked around a bit but haven't
turned up anything -- does anyone here know of anything similar out
there already?

[1] Specifically, I'm thinking that sshd might be a nice thing to have
    off most of the time on some of my systems.