Re: Question on the safety sharing NFS with untrusted machines.

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 07:23:43PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:

> > Hmm, I'll look into those filesystems.  Are they supported in stock
> > Debian kernels and userland tools or do they require extra patches?
>
> I have no idea about Debian packaging.
>
> For SFS of Linux, you'll need your Linux system to have a kernel with
> NFSv3 support included.

Packaged in woody and sid, at least. Reasonably easy to set up,
too. Not pam-aware, as best I can tell. However, that's not a critical
failing.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu