Re: [mailinglists] Re: Can you direct kernel messages?

No. I think its the kernel-logger klogd. in
/etc/init.d/klogd u will find a line looking like this:

KLOGD=""

change it to:

KLOGD="-c 4"

that will give the option "-c 4" to klogd and will turn of (hopefully)
console logging.

/etc/init.d/klogd restart of course.

regards,
philipp

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 12:11:41 +0100
Dale Amon <amon@vnl.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 11:50:52AM +0100, Alan James wrote:
> > On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:47:53 +0100, Dale Amon <amon@vnl.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Dumb question time. Does anyone know a way to limit kernel
> > >messages to one vt? This has gets to be particularly
> > >annoying if you go overboard with grsecurity audit messages :-)
> >
> > At the end of /etc/syslog.conf I've changed :
> >
> > *.=notice;*.=warn       |/dev/xconsole

> > *.=notice;*.=warn       |/dev/tty8
>
> Doesn't seem to shut it up. I'm running syslog-ng and
> I commented out the console destination and am using
> only a line that logs to vt8. But despite that, even
> if I kill syslog-ng entirely, I still get grsec and
> iptables messages on all vt's.
>

> --

Philipp Steinkrueger
Oberberg Online Informationssysteme GmbH
http://www.oberberg.net

PGPkeyID: 690A9504
Key Fingerprint: 35CE 467E C813 06B0 B8E3  0275 2B1E E84A 690A 9504