Re: glibc_2.2.5-9.woody.4.deb is missing

Hi

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 15:58:41 +0300
 Marcel Weber <mmweber@ncpro.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Perhaps I am the only one to have this problem. Today I tried to apt
> upgrade one of my servers. But dselect insisted to deinstall j2sdk and
> locales because the  glibc_2.2.5-9.woody.4.deb would be missing. I had a
> look at the ftp://security.debian.org/ server and it was missing indeed.
>
> Looks like a bug to me...

well in fact this morning it was around. But there seemed to be a problem. After an apt-get update the new libc6 appeared as libc6_2.2.5-9.woody.4, but the locales package was marked broken because of unmet dependencies concerning libc6. Aptitude then showed the package as libc6_2.2.5-9.woody.2. So i think they removed it to fix this problem

hav a nice day, michael

Sometimes one should just look at things and think about things without
doing things.     -- Calvin