RE: Ssh not upgraded when doing apt-get upgrade?

I noticed the same thing when doing the 3.3 thing two days ago that I commented on on this list.

The security server is in my apt.sources list, but when I executed "apt-get upgrade", it said "0 new, 0 to be removed, 1 package(s) not updated".

Dselect showed the ssh package as ready to be updated, and when I selected "install and update" from the dselect menu it did the work without argument.

Maybe, since it was a major upgrade at the time (not just 3.3 to 3.4 for example), was there a cue in the package file not to perform the upgrade unless it was being done in an interactive mode? Certainly it did take substantial interaction to get it right, and that is one reason I do not put "apt-get update" in any kind of script.

Curt-