Re: [SECURITY] [DSA-134-2] Unknown OpenSSH remote vulnerability

On Tue, 2002-06-25 at 18:27, Tycho Fruru wrote:
> In the "recommended" config it would be something like "/var/empty", not
> writable by the sshd user.  I don't have a system handy to verify
> whether the package does the right thing here though.

The debian package chroots to the empty and root:root owned dir
/var/run/sshd

I myself changed this to root:sys, but that shouldn't really matter.

--
Mark Janssen -- maniac(at)maniac.nl -- GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @ SyConOS IT