Re: the openssh exploit

On Tuesday, June 25, 2002, at 11:14 AM, Phillip Hofmeister wrote:

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 02:40:19AM -0400, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
Note that to do (1), you must insure that the real machine does
not send a RST in response to the SYN|ACK. Ways to do this are
numerous; DoS attacks come to mind.

Or just use an unused IP....

He was talking about spoofing ips that I am allowing access for in my firewall. All the ips I'm allowing are for existing machines, so an unused IP would be one that is not allowed through the firewall already.

--
Paul Baker

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
         -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

GPG Key: http://homepage.mac.com/pauljbaker/public.asc