Re: Quality of security assurance with Debian vs. RedHat vs. SuSE

6/12/02 9:49:59 AM, Patrick Hsieh <pahud@pahud.net> wrote:

>Agree. Can someone give any persuasive reason for me to say goodbye to
>Slackware and embrace Debian? They differ a lot in their philosophy and
>development model. Is there any guys switching from Slackware to Debian?

	Yes. I was a Slackware fan but at the end of an exhausting week in wich I tried and tried to make PHP work
with apache (both sources), I
installed Debian on my home computer. I liked the package updating mode and the flexibility in configurating the
network environment. So I
decided to remain on Debian, and install it also on my work server.
	I must admit that the default configuration helps the administrator a lot more than the Slack default
installation.
	Hope I was clear, I'm not a native english speaker :)

		Alexandru Stefan-Voicu, Digital Design Group server administrator.