Re: SSH log weirdness

Vineet Kumar <debian-security@virtual.doorstop.net> wrote:

> * Jeff Bonner (lunar@comcast.net) [020604 16:47]:
>>    June  4 19:36:26 firegate sshd[24364]: PAM pam_putenv: delete
>>    non-existent entry; MAIL
>
> I'm not sure exactly why it's carping like that, but take a look at your
> /etc/pam.d/ssh . Removing the noenv option from the pam_mail line
> should make that complaint disappear from your logs.
[...]

This really removed the warning. Thank you very much, I'm much happier
now, that I don't have to see those warnings/error messages every time
I or someone else logs into my system.

Let me know, if you find out *why* PAM is throwing that insult if
'noenv' option is enabled...

--
Jussi Ekholm   --  ekhowl@goa-head.org  --  http://erppimaa.cjb.net/