Re: SSH2 Encryption

Quoting Anne Carasik (gator@cacr.caltech.edu):
> This one time, Jeff Bonner wrote:
> > 3) Any reason you *wouldn't* want to use compression in SSH?
>
> Yes, if you're going over a high speed line, no reason to use
> compression. If you're connecting through a slow line (like a
> modem), use compression.

I'm assuming you're meaning 'trustable' high speed line here. My data isn't
worth one bit less because it's travelling over dark fiber :)

Greets,
	Robert

--
( o>                          Linux Generation                          <o )
///\            finger rvdm@debian.org for my GnuPG/PGP key.            /\\\