SSH2 Encryption

I've been playing around with a Woody installation, connecting to it via
SSH2,
with SecureCRT 3.4 for Win32.  I think I've finally figured out what
encryption
types this Debian package (ssh 3.0.2p1-9) supports, but please correct
me if I'm
wrong -- http://www.openssh.org/features.html lists *only* 3DES and
Blowfish:

	AES-128
	AES-192
	AES-256 (isn't this Rijndael now?)
	Triple DES
	Blowfish
	RC4
	rijndael-128cbc
	rijndael-192cbc
	rijndael-256cbc
	rijndael-cbc@lysator.liu.se [sic]
	CAST-128cbc

Also, there's an option in SecureCRT called "MAC" which I guess refers
to the
hash:  MD5, SHA1, MD5-96, and SHA1-96.

Questions:

1) Are all those ciphers actually available in my SSH package?
2) The SHA1-96 hash should be better than MD5-96, correct?
3) Any reason you *wouldn't* want to use compression in SSH?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Bonner