Re: secure file transfer (again)

> On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Andrew Ferrier wrote:
> > For Windows, the ssh client from www.ssh.com is the best I've
> > found. Don't know if free for university use though. If you
> > want a free client, WinSCP is best I've used, though it's far
> > more buggy than the aforementioned.
>
> PSCP and PSFTP (part of the Putty suite) run under Windows, and are
> distributed under the MIT licence. They work fine for me, when I have to
> use an scp client under Windows.
>
> <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html>

Yes, I know about the putty suite. (First thing I download whenever I'm
forced to sit on a windows computer. ;)

The problem with psftp and pscp, is that they're command line tools.
This is all well and good for people who like it, but since most of our
students only use windows and gui programs, they wouldn't like having to
use cli. Never overestimate your users. ;)

--
Med hilsen,	  |	"... I'm sorry mrs tucker... your husband was
Alf B Lervåg	  |	brought in with a state of advanced ellipsis. He