secure file transfer (again)

Reading the previous thread on secure file transfer, I felt like
starting a thread myself.  This summer, I've been assigned the task
of setting up sftp services at our university, so we can phase out ftp.

What I'm asking, is if anyone has any experience with similiar projects,
and if anyone can point me to documentation on how to setup the
services, and also point me to sftp clients for different oses.

ssh is already up and running on the servers, so I'm figuring that the
sftp server shouldn't be too hard to get running. Problem is making
things easy to use for our students. (Guess this falls in under the sftp
client question.)

--
Med hilsen,	  |	"... I'm sorry mrs tucker... your husband was
Alf B Lervåg	  |	brought in with a state of advanced ellipsis. He