pam_unix and remember

Hi,

	Has anyone gotten the remember= ... argument to pam_unix module to
work? This is supposed to check if the new passwd is one of the old
remembered passwords. Everytime I change the password, if this argument is
set, it tells me that the new password has already been used even if I
_know_ that the password has not been used before. From looking at the
source code, it appears that the old passwords list is stored in
/etc/security/opasswd , however, my system lacks such a file. Before I go
out and create such a file, I would like to find out if I am missing some
obvious steps.

Thanks,
Jor-el