Re: Help

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 08:06:29PM -0400, Stephen Gran wrote:
> In /etc/security/limits.conf:
> @student        hard    nproc   50      # Limits max cpu processes

>From what I can gather, nproc in limits.conf is broken in kernels 2.4.x
If someone believes me to be wrong, please correct me, however this is
what I read on the kernel mailing list.

Secondly, with response to the original post, I think that there is an
unjustified level of paranoia by the network admin. High school children
are at best going to be script kiddies. Secondly, your school should
have an ethics agreement between the children and the school (signed by
parents) binding the users to a legal agreement of use.

With that in place, I'd like to see how many of your students dare try
anything on your computers knowing that they can be expelled for
breaching the agreement.

Lastly, install bsd process accounting and inform students that all their
actions are being logged.

I.

--
Ian Cumming, ian@semisphere.org

"The number of Unix installations has grown to 10, with more expected."
-- The Unix Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June, 1972