Re: PPTP with Encryption

another solution you may want to try is to use freeswan + pptp. If the windows
machines are 2k or sup, you dont need to install any additional soft on the machine.
however, ipsec config on 2k and XP is a pain.

So, i reckon the best way to do, would be to use a vpn client on the windows machine
(ssh sentinel is pretty good) and use freeswan + l2tpd for passwd authentication and
address distribution. This is off course out of the scope of the question, but
i think this is the best solution available (and i need people to test l2tpd as well :))

JeF

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 10:54:24AM -0400, Derek J. Balling wrote:
> Does anyone have a nice simple HOWTO on how to add encryption to the
> pptpd daemon, so that windows VPN users can connect using encryption?
> Preferred methods do NOT include patching things, if possible,
> because I'd like to not have to re-patch things every time new
> upgrades come out.
>
> Has anyone built all the necessary items simply as .deb's?

> --
> | dredd@megacity.org  | "Thou art the ruins of the noblest man  |
> |  Derek J. Balling   |  That ever lived in the tide of times.  |
> |                     |  Woe to the hand that shed this costly  |
> |                     |  blood" - Julius Caesar Act 3, Scene 1  |

-> Jean-Francois Dive
--> jef@linuxbe.org