Re: PPTP with Encryption

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 10:54:24AM -0400, "Derek J. Balling" <dredd@megacity.org> wrote:
> Does anyone have a nice simple HOWTO on how to add encryption to the
> pptpd daemon, so that windows VPN users can connect using encryption?

As a side note: have you considered that using the encryption in pptp
forces you to store userpasswords in cleartext? For my ISP [1] that was
a reason not to use pptp's encryption, especially since MS-CHAPv2
contains known security holes [2].

1. http://www.xs4all.nl
2. http://mopo.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/pptp_mschapv2/

--
Tim van Erven <tripudium@chello.nl>
OpenPGP Key ID: 712CB811        Fingerprint: F6C9 61EE 242C C012 36D5