Re: ftpd-ssl woes

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 01:10:14PM -0800, tony mancill wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Moses Moore wrote:
>
> > I've got a server behind a firewall that users want to transfer files
> > to-from.  scp isn't an option because ssh is being port-forwarded to a
> > machine that isn't the fileserver.  ftp would be nice, but ftp sends
> > passwords in cleartext.
>
> I would recommend just running sshd on multiple ports and use scp. Just
> add an additional "Port 24" (or whatever port # you want to use and is not
> used by another service and not being forwarded) to /etc/ssh/sshd_config
> and restart ssh.  Have your users use "scp -P <port>" - or even alias this
> for them if they have problems remembering.

A question on almost the same topic: is there a way of setting up sshd so
that ONLY the scp command would be allowed and not, for example,

ssh server_host do_nasty stuff

?

I know that one can set up the keys in ~/.ssh/authorized_keys (man
sshd(8)) to execute only one command (scp, for example), but I believe
that command line arguments are ignored, so scp would not work.

--
Erik Rossen                         ^    OpenPGP key: 2935D0B9
rossen@freesurf.ch                 /e\   "Use GnuPG, see the