Re: ftpd-ssl woes

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Moses Moore wrote:

> I've got a server behind a firewall that users want to transfer files
> to-from.  scp isn't an option because ssh is being port-forwarded to a
> machine that isn't the fileserver.  ftp would be nice, but ftp sends
> passwords in cleartext.

I would recommend just running sshd on multiple ports and use scp. Just
add an additional "Port 24" (or whatever port # you want to use and is not
used by another service and not being forwarded) to /etc/ssh/sshd_config
and restart ssh.  Have your users use "scp -P <port>" - or even alias this
for them if they have problems remembering.

Cheers,
tony

  tony@mancill.com         |  You won't get wise with the sleep still in
http://www.debian.org      |  your eyes - no matter what your dream might be.