Re: allowing users to change passwords

Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously martin f krafft wrote:
> > what would speak against setting the user's login shell to
> > /usr/bin/passwd?
>
> Nothing, works just fine. It might be a bit confusing for users
> though since they will have to enter their original password
> twice as well.

You may wish to set the motd specifically for them and explain in
it what they need to do.

I would also audit the passwd program carefully for security
problems like buffer overflows, etc.

--
|  Bryan Andersen   |   bryan@visi.com   |   http://www.nerdvest.com   |
| Buzzwords are like annoying little flies that deserve to be swatted. |