Re: Debian security being trashed in Linux Today comments

On Monday, 2002-01-14 at 15:12:48 +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 01:15:16PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > Previously Adam Warner wrote:
> > > Someone with better knowledge of all the facts might want to comment on
> > > the claim that "Debian is always the last to fix security holes" and the
> > > tag team follow up "I've been fighting for months now to try to convince
> > > them to release an advisory or fix for ftpd..."

> > Someone should point them to Javier's analysis of security response
> > times..

> 	Thanks' I was about to say so... BTW pointer is:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-security/2001/debian-security-200112/msg00257.html

> 	I'm going to add this to the info available in the "Debian
> Security Manual" seems to be a FAQ....

I hope you provide a cleaned-up version. .../msg00257.html is full
of binary crap. And the link .../bin00000.bin could be stored
as the PNG file it is supposed to be. The way it is now, I get
a MIME-type of application/octet-stream, which Mozilla won't
display. Maybe you can put the text, the spreadsheet, and the
graph on a website?

Archive maintainers, what happens to attachments like those in
the mentioned mail? I don't keep debian-security mails around,
so I can't see what MIME-type the attachments had. The binary crap
must be the spreadsheet which has been inlined.

Lupe Christoph
--
| lupe@lupe-christoph.de       |        http://free.prohosting.com/~lupe |
| I have challenged the entire ISO-9000 quality assurance team to a      |