Re: iptables with a linux bridge

For the moment that's correctly works just with the bridge rule, I use it
with the staging servers since 1 week.

I have change the default gateway on the servers behind the bridge, I use
the ip bridge as gateway that's stay transparent in the traceroute and the
iptable works with the FORWARD rule without problem.
The input data don't see the bridge and the output data have a hope with
mark * * in traceroute.

On debian I have just install the bridge-utils and read the HOWTO that's
very easy install in few minutes. Before I used the proxy-arp and I'd rather
this other solution.

But the jigal mail is correct I don't have install the netfilter patch, I
hope an other possibility ( I d'ont like patch the staging server kernel )
but that doesn't work without the patch so I change my default gateway for
the moment.

thx

François Bayart
francois@avence.com