Re: Mail-server config

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 10:51:57AM -0500, Justin R. Miller wrote:
> Thus spake Johannes Weiss (weissi@tux4u.de):
>
> > I plan to install a mailserver for ca. 800 users, now I planned to
>
> Have a look at Cyrus IMAP.  It's designed for POP3/IMAP for non-shell
> users, i.e. a closed-box system.  the authentication _can_ be
> /etc/passwd-based, but typically you use a separate DB file to store the
> login info.

Also note that the Debian packages for Cyrus are old, from a
branch that is not being developed any more. I think your
best bet is to download the source and compile your own. That's
what I'm doing for a family-and-friends mailserver. I might
come up with a .deb for my own use, but don't hold your breath...

There is a wishlist bug for 2.x.

This is getting off topic.

-sami.

--