Re: How to route

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Davy Gigan wrote:

>  > They can both solve my problem, but pheraps Nat was designed for me.
>  >  When I say Nat i mean "iptables nat" because is the only Nat I know under
>  > linux. Yes, what I'm going to do with a bridge could be seen as a Nat.
>  >  Oooooo.
> I think so. I think you don't need a bridge and you can simply configure
> a firewall / gateway for your private network.

..that again requies to touch router's routes...

>  > And why I need bridging...? because I don't want to modify the router as
>  > my old good poor manager asked to me...!
> As someaone already said : it's another level of security to modify
> your router.

What I'm doing is a sort of a personal firewall distribution based on
debian, that could work everywhere... this is why not to unscrew the
router. And I know there are already good firewall distributions around,
but I prefere something I can modify my own...

 Ok, on yesterday I switched the system on; it seems to work well! On the
same PC there is running squid too.
 Ah, do you know (ore someone else knows) wich ports I need for incoming
ssh as a remote control? Port 22, ok, but does ssh need some other
auth port? Yes, someone said to me that ssh isn't so sure, but I can't
live without....   :)

Hi Davy. ;)
--

 Marco Tassinari 0328 1187801