Re: Pam 0.72-26 critically broken

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, oliver wrote:

> I recogniced it after booting!!
> can only boot with "linux init=/bin/bash"
> Currently i`m on my gateway (console, pine, etc.), what do you suggest,
> how do I get this machine running again?

I was also able to boot (and login) in single user mode, using the
"single" option at the LILO prompt. After that, do the bare minimum to
transfer the correct packages (i.e. set up the network and download the
libpam*.deb packages from incoming.debian.org, using whatever method you
prefer, such as wget or whatever), install them and you are done.

bye
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it, giacomo.mulas@tin.it>

OSSERVATORIO  ASTRONOMICO
Str. 54, Loc. Poggio dei Pini * 09012 Capoterra (CA)

Tel.: +39 070 71180 216     Fax : +39 070 71180 222

"When the storms are raging around you, stay right where you are"
                         (Freddy Mercury)