Re: Kernel 2.4 SOS

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Craig wrote:

> I have the source downloaded and am busy going though the
> documentation but some of the packages that the documentation makes
> reference to is to low a version.

You don't need to install a full woody system to run a 2.4.x kernel. I
administer a large number of potato boxen and just picked the necessary
source packages from unstable and recompiled them, with very minor changes
to satisfy some different dependencies due to files that belong to
different packages between unstable and potato. There are a few sites that
make available the needed precompiled packages for potato, if you don't
want to do it yourself. Look at http://www.fs.tum.de/~bunk/kernel-24.html
and people.debian.org/~bunk/debian. I migh also let you have the debs I
recompiled, but I would not trust them if I were in your shoes... :)

Bye
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it, giacomo.mulas@tin.it>

OSSERVATORIO  ASTRONOMICO
Str. 54, Loc. Poggio dei Pini * 09012 Capoterra (CA)

Tel.: +39 070 71180 216     Fax : +39 070 71180 222

"When the storms are raging around you, stay right where you are"
                         (Freddy Mercury)