Re: Secure 2.4.x kernel

Or is it the
> case that such a secure kernel doesnt exist yet in the
2.4 line? Given
> Debian's tradition of backporting security fixes, perhaps
there is a
> Debian-ized 2.4 kernel that would be suited to what I
have in mind?

I run 2.2.18pre21 on my firewall.  It has been known to be
stable and secure.  Unless you like recompiling your kernel
2 or 3 times a month I wouldn't look to 2.4 for a FIREWALL
kernel yet.  If you want the neat features of 2.4 I would
recomend installing 2.2 on the firewall and another box on
the internal network with 2.4

Phil