Re: Secure 2.4.x kernel

Phillip Hofmeister <plhofmei@svsu.edu> writes:

> Unless you like recompiling your kernel 2 or 3 times a month I
> wouldn't look to 2.4 for a FIREWALL kernel yet.  If you want the
> neat features of 2.4 I would recomend installing 2.2 on the firewall
> and another box on the internal network with 2.4

Well, it's also worth mentioning the new features in Linux 2.4, which
make it a more powerful kernel than Linux 2.2, especially for
firewalls: netfilter.

Connection tracking for example is one of the really useful features
in netfilter.

		moritz
--
moritz@duesseldorf.ccc.de - http://duesseldorf.ccc.de/~moritz/
GPG fingerprint = 3A14 3923 15BE FD57 FC06  B501 0841 2D7B 6F98 4199