Another good thing about apt and dselect

http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/internet/12/17/cert.plug.holes.idg/index.ht
ml

Reading this sort of article reminds me of another really good thing
about apt, dselect, and the (forgive me please) Debian Way:

I don't have to be told that there is an SSH security fix in order to
fix it.

Every time I fire up dselect to install a new game, or try out a new
mail client, or just to see where we are at the moment, the latest
available versions, including security fixes, are automatically set for
installation.

I believe this is well worth the "slow release cycle" reputation of
Debian, un-earned in my personal experience.

Thank you, Debian Developers. Your work does not go un-noticed.

Curt-

---
Curt Howland                      +81-3-5772-5832
KVH Telecom Japan, Ltd.    IDC Division