Re: Can a daemon listen only on some interfaces?

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 10:00:19AM +1000, mdevin wrote:
> Here is what I did:

[snip clean solution :) ]

> The only remaining question I have is:  Is this the correct way to use
> the - and + permission setting in /etc/security/access_conf ?  'Cause
> what I have done here is to allow specific users first and then disallow
> all by default.  It seems to work so I can only presume that it is a
> case of the first matching rule wins.  Is this correct?

yes, and the confirmation extracted from access.conf

# When someone logs in, the table is scanned for the first entry that
# matches the (user, host) combination, or, in case of non-networked
# logins, the first entry that matches the (user, tty) combination.  The
# permissions field of that table entry determines whether the login will
# be accepted or refused.

hope that helps