Re: is 3des secure??

 Johannes Weiss wrote on Nov 24, 2001 at 10:28:56 AM:
> Hi,
> I MUST :(( tunnel an HTTP stream from a winshit->my linux server and on win I
> must use SSH-WIN that it works.
>
> UNfortunately, WIN-SSH is very buggy, it only works if I take the 3des
> algorithm, if I take one of the others (blowfish,...) it crashed.
>
> So, because of this my question is: Is 3des secure enough??

It's not an answer to your 3DES question, but I would suggest
you check out:

Putty - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/
   Full-featured Win32 SSH suite, the development version
   supports tunneling and all common ciphers

Stunnel - http://www.stunnel.org
   Universal SSL Wrapper, windows binaries are availible for download

--
 .- David Hardne <dh@cybe.net>
 `-- pgp key D5268D91