Re: Multiple IP addresses

Quite obvious when you look at it (DUH!)

Thanks for all who replied.

Marcel

Robert Davidson wrote:

IP aliasing.

Cya.

Marcel Welschbillig wrote:

Can any one tell me the kernel option to enable on 2.2.17 to be able to
specify multiple ethernet addresses in the /etc/network/interfaces file.
ie. eth0 eth0:1 eth0:2 ...... on the same physical interface ?

I know it works on the standard kernel but every time i compile my own
kernel i lose the ability to do this.

Thanks !

Marcel

Regards,

Marcel Welschbillig
Inter-Network Engineer
Comdek Limited
673 Murray Street
West Perth WA 6005
Ph : (08)9214 5259
FAX: (08)9214 5201
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you receive this e-mail by mistake please promptly inform us by reply e-mail or by telephoning the phone number listed above and then delete the e-mail and destroy any printed copy