Re: Re: Security Update

----- original Nachricht --------

> what commands should i type from the console to update the security fixes
> for a/any package(s)? Could i use apt-get?

   You didn't say what version of Debian you were using.  I'll assume you're running

the "potato" release.

   First, make sure you have the security updates site listed in your

"/etc/apt/sources.list" file.  If it's not in there, just add this line at the bottom

of that file:

   Then just run apt-get (e.g. "apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade") or use dselect or

your package favorite tool and you'll have all of the security updates.

  Regards,                | Need some help with Debian GNU/Linux?
  (redwards@golgotha.net) |