apache log entry

Hi All,

I found a strange entry hidden among all the IIS exploit attempts in my apache access log today:

61.177.66.228 - - [07/Oct/2001:21:28:44 +1000] "GET http://61.177.66.228:8283/ HTTP/1.0" 200 756

Does anyone know if this is some sort of attack attempt? It doesn't seem to make any sense as a log entry as there is no leading '/' on the url portion and there is no corresponding error log entry saying that the file 'http://61.177.66.228:8283/' couldn't be found. I also find the fact that the client IP and the url are the same suspicious. I tried retrieving the same file myself using mozilla (http://webserver/http://61.177.66.228:8283/) and it created a similar access entry but with a '/' at the start of the url and there was an error log entry generated. There was a peak in traffic from the server the day after this log entry which instigated the check. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

just being paranoid

brendan

--
http://www.bendys.com
bendy@bendys.com

Real coders celebrate Christmas at Halloween.