Re: UP2DATE

"=?x-user-defined?Q?--=3D=5B_..::_V=EDr=F9=A7_::.._=5D=3D--?=" <email.virus@softhome.net> writes:

Hmm, can't say I'm overly fond of your email address, but ...

> I saw many Debian users get their system up2date using
> apt-get. But their versions of the applications are _the_
> latest one, when I look at my system I seem to have, up2date, but
> older versions.

Those folks are running unstable/testing.  If you don't know how to
get that in your sources.list, it's probably not for you.

> Could anyone tell me what I can change to get the latest verions ?

For a purist setup:

  deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main
  deb http://<your debian mirror here>/debian stable main
  deb http://<your debian-non-US mirror here>/debian-non-US stable non-US/main
  #deb http://<your debian mirror here>/debian testing main
  #deb http://<your debian-non-US mirror here>/debian-non-US testing non-US/main
  #deb http://<your debian mirror here>/debian unstable main
  #deb http://<your debian-non-US mirror here>/debian-non-US unstable non-US/main

Where I've commented out testing and unstable so you don't shoot
yourself in the foot unless you uncomment them.  Feel free to add
contrib, non-free, non-US/contrib and/or non-US/non-free as you see
fit.

> And what do I need to chang in /etc/apt/sources.list in the
> security line.

See above, first line of sources.list, covers non-US/main too.
--
Olaf Meeuwissen       Epson Kowa Corporation, Research and Development