Re: apt-get issue(s)

Am 13.08.2001 17:25 Uhr schrieb Kenneth Pronovici unter
pronovic@skyjammer.com:

>>> Err http://security.debian.org potato/updates/main Packages
>>> Could not connect to security.debian.org (132.229.131.40).
>>>

>> My guess is that this was a temporary server or network
>> outage.  I just did an apt-get update with this same source.
>> It hung and 99% the first try and I <Ctrl> C to break and
>> immediately ran it again and it worked fine.
>
> That was my first thought, too... except apt-get worked on one of my other
> machines running the 'testing' distribution (I should have mentioned that
> in my original post).  Incidentally, it still doesn't work now.
>
> KEN

Hi Ken,

do you use any kind of firewall? In the network or local? Eventually a
configuration mistake in netfilterIs your specific machine allowed to
connect to debian.org?
can you ping 132.229.131.40? ping security.debian.org?
What does telnet security.debian.org 80 say?

Florian