Re: apt-get issue(s)

> >    Err http://security.debian.org potato/updates/main Packages
> >      Could not connect to security.debian.org (132.229.131.40).
> >

>    My guess is that this was a temporary server or network
>    outage.  I just did an apt-get update with this same source.
>    It hung and 99% the first try and I <Ctrl> C to break and
>    immediately ran it again and it worked fine.

That was my first thought, too... except apt-get worked on one of my other
machines running the 'testing' distribution (I should have mentioned that
in my original post).  Incidentally, it still doesn't work now.

KEN

--
Kenneth J. Pronovici <pronovic@ieee.org>
Personal Homepage: http://www.skyjammer.com/~pronovic/