syslog-ng issue

   I'm trying to cleanup my logging using syslog-ng (version
   1.5.6-1).  The problem at this point is that my firewall
   (iptables) logs are showing up in my newly setup firewall log
   file, and still in the messages kern.log and syslog files.

   I used the default syslog-ng.conf file and added the following
   lines to the appropriate sections:

   destination firewall { file("/var/log/firewall" owner("root")
   group("adm") perm\(0640)); };

   filter f_firewall { match("Dropped: .*IN=.*OUT=.*"); };

   log { source(src); filter(f_firewall); destination(firewall); };

   My desire is to have all firewall logs go ONLY to the firewall
   log file.

   Does the order in which these entries occur matter?  I just
   noticed that the destination entry was at the end of that
   section while the filter and log entries are at the beginning.
   I moved the destination entry to the beginning of that
   section and will watch the logs.

   thanks for any help...jc

--

Jeff Coppock		Nortel Networks