Re: gnupg problem

Previously Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> The *security* team exists to make security updates to the current
> stable release.  Currently there is *not* an installable update for
> gnupg.  The only way (that I can think of right now) for fixing this
> is to put the new mailcrypt into security.debian.org.

I see this differently: we had a security problem in gnupg, which we
fixed. This unfortunately broke the version of mailcrypt that was
was in contrib, so not even a proper part of the Debian potato
release itself. Its maintainer did upload a new version of mailcrypt
to fix that problem which you can grab from proposed-updates until
the next stable revision.

Installing mailcrypt on security.debian.org would immediately suggest
that mailcrypt itself has a security problem, which is not true.
It's a bit of a catch 22.

Wichert.

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@wiggy.net                   http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |