Re: Got root?

A few quick searches on google turned up some rather interesting
kernel patches...

sockfs:
http://users.ox.ac.uk/~mbeattie/linux-kernel.html
I'm not quite sure what to make of this.  Very interesting, but
I can't imagine having 1024 numbers/socket representations in a
directory is the best way to configure something..

GID split privilege patch:
http://the.wiretapped.net/security/info/textfiles/phrack/phrack52.txt
Not as granular; apparently, the gids are hardcoded, so setgid binaries
are needed.