Re: empty log files

    AS>  Well, there goes my 2.4.2 -> 2.4.3 theory.  ;) When was the
    AS> last time it logged something in user.log or kern.log?

Honestly, I can't remember!! I noticed this problem some time ago and
was about to post to this list but kept putting it off.

I am not sure if it has anything to do with the kernel. My firewall
system is running 2.4.2 w/ iptables and that is the system that exhibits
this problem.

My desktop system is running kernel-2.4.3 with updated sid and on this
machine the /var/log/*.log files are fine ie stuff gets logged to them.

I was wondering if rebooting the firewall system would fix the problem
but I don't want to lose the uptime on that box unless I know for sure
that rebooting will solve the problem.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com