Is it possible to chroot scp?

Hello.

I have been setting up a webserver that users need to acess remotely.
The problem is that I don't like the way that ftp sends passwords
plaintext.  I am currently useing proftpd, as I also require the
ability to chroot users into thier own directories.  Now, essentialy
what I need is to have windoze users login w. some sort of point &
click client, be able to drag stuff too & from the server, and not
be able to mess with, or even know about, other peoples' files.
(I have to assume that they cannot use DOS, let alone
do an scp from it)  I have found a few, such as ixplorer and winSCP,
however, again, they allow one to specify a directory above thier
home.

I have heard that the commercial ssh version offers the ability to
chroot, but I would rather stay with OpenSSH if I can.

Does anyone have any suggestions, short of doing a chmod a-r * -R
from / ?
--
  Jordan R. Urie